Tuesday, March 22, 2011

thank you

are you grateful to be a live each day?...

this question made me think twice.
i have been reading 'the power' lately by rhonda byrne (a must read for the thinkers out there)
my cousin bought it for me for christmas at a time where she thought i would really need it,
well let me say it has changed my life, it changes the way i think and even though i haven't finished it yet, the further and further i read into it things seem to make sense :)
page 117 of the book begins the chapter describing the keys to the power of 'the secret'
the one that really stepped out at me was 'gratitude' and i started to think whether or not i have shown enough of it in my life?
i myself have not know of gratitude so deep and constant, i mean when is the last time you thanked the world for presenting you with a beautiful day?
easy to forget and take for granted...

for the passed few days i have been trying as hard as i can to be thankful for what i have.
no matter what the situation, be grateful. it is so easy to say thank you, not only to the person who helped you out, or your mum for making a meal but being thankful for being alive, for the electricity that runs through your house and allows you to stream the music you love to listen to, the wonderful artists who created these songs, for being able to listen to these songs, for being able to dance and move around to music, and so the list is endless, yet we never truly stop to give thanks.
All it takes is some gratitude, gratitude doesn't cost us anything, it exerts minimal effort and yet it is the bridge to love.
Today and every other day I ask you to say thanks, even if it's for the weather, the traffic, a sale that saved you money on that gorgeous dress or for being alive.



xo
B


picture by bluetulip9:  http://media.photobucket.com/image/rainbow/bluetulip9/rainbowlifesavers.jpg?o=230

2 comments:

  1. very true! The Secret is an amazing book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is what it's about... thanks for being willing to share some depth... it's inspiring.

    I just asked this question on my blog:
    Do you think that the blog world has room to grow? In what areas? How can this phenomenon we are frontiering enrich our lives as a sisterhood? How can we be more transparent? How can we help each other find joy and truth and meaning?

    I'd love to hear what you think...

    ReplyDelete